What people think recovery looks like vs. what it really looks like
Recovery is not a perfect process. Don’t beat yourself up for stumbles along the way, but never stop fighting!
it’s not your job to entertain him by sending him nudes
it’s not your job to satisfy him sexually because he’s horny
you are not required to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or that you don’t want to do
don’t be scared of “losing him”
he most likely wasn’t anything worth keeping
Girls need to be taught this from such an early age.
a boner is not a medical condition. you are under no obligation to do anything.
the best youtube comment
This actually always made me really upset
Well why wouldn’t it? You cut off the poor guy’s wings.
Middle of Nevada on the 50, “the loneliest road in America” / September 2014
Does anyone have that really odd feeling when you’re alone in your bedroom laying down listening to sad ass music and you just realized how bored you are with life and you want to go on adventures and live and feel free but you just want to fucking die because you don’t see a point anymore and it’s not like you’re sobbing and you’re extremely sad, it’s more of a numb feeling and you simply just want to die idk that’s how I feel these days and yeah
men who hear the word feminism and respond with “how about equality instead?” like oh you mean feminism? yeah that’s what I just said thanks for your meaningless input
so this is a real thing
oh my god
i feel like this should be recorded in a history book
Beyoncé could give me a fucking 25 cent mood ring and i would pee myself i dont even know how nicki is dealing with this
“Don’t worry Lily, you will be alright. I am watching over you. Don’t be an assbutt, get better soon, bye.
—this is castiel. ”My friend Lily (lilicha@tumblr) is a huge fan of Castiel. About 2 monthes ago she got the result that she had Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. It was such a huge shock for us because she’s so young and she’s such a sweet nice girl. She participated and draw the beautiful pictures for our Castiel calendar last year. We made good sale and she and the other participants donated all their got from it to the Random Acts. She’s now suffering from the the chemotherapy and waiting for the cord blood transplantation. Every day for her is hard and pain now.
When Misha knew Lily’s situation, he send her a voicemail to tell her that she would be alright. AND HE’S USING HIS CAS’S VOICE.That’s really comforting for her especially she got news from the doctors that she need to do few more round of the chemotherapy that morning. I can’t find words to decribe my feeling. I just want to say thank you to him, I feel really happy for this world that we have Misha Collins.
This man is amazing.
1950S SLANG IS LIKE MY FAVORITE THING IT IS SO RIDICULOUS
WHAT IS THIS
DUCK BU TT I AM LAUGHING
Okay, but seriously, who’s not going to use “razz my berries” now?
1. I am watching you get sick. The whites of your eyes are becoming yellow yolks; cheeks hang like grocery bags. You make diets of day planners. No time to eat with a stuffed calendar. Live off scheduled glamour. Meals are powdered hot chocolate packets. No marshmallows; just water. Breakfast is plain oatmeal. No milk; flavored with tap water. It is always raining. You swallow the storm.
2. To invite happiness inside him, Vincent Van Gogh drank paint of yellow hues. You do mad things for happiness, too. Vomit like an after school sport; casually, to pass time. Stomach acid erodes enamel. Your teeth blister. Bathe in sea salt to dehydrate water weight.
3. Eating disorders are very in. Like kale, like skinny jeans, like old Hollywood glamour- and don’t you dare bring up Marilyn Monroe. Recent studies show her frame was only one third of what you think.
4. Shrivel your stomach until it takes a single granola bar to feel full. Have NyQuil for a midnight snack. With pale pupils and unplugged irises, the only language you communicate in is numbers. You are a human recycling bin. Quit blaming your hometown and decomposing skin. If you’re not recovering, you are dying. There is no halfway when you’re overflowing from the inside. Drown your organs- they are already shipwrecked.
5. There was another girl in our grade who got sick about the same time you did, but she went to the hospital real quick because she was already thin to begin with. You see, when you’re thin, then get rapidly thinner, you have a problem. You need help.
6. You were not thin to begin with. You were fat, and now you’re evaporating, so everybody is congratulating you on getting “healthy.” You are not an illness, but an inspiration. Your father still carries your before-and-after photo in his wallet. Your disease is a smashing sensation.
7. Friend, I am so sorry. You too, are sick. Your messiah Kate Moss promises her physique is an achievable ambition, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”… Girl, she’s never had Nutella. Do not trust her, her two-faced dental care, or her fur pelt. Anorexics develop a hair all over to thaw their glacial bodies, called lanugo. The cold won’t let you go.
8. Veins bulging like a pop up book, I am watching you get sick. Mistake tracing paper for your skin. I am watching you get sick. When the blackouts start and your pulse gets slippery, wallpaper your interior with laxatives. I am watching you get sick. Read so much, your body insists it is full on authors, not high on hunger. I am watching you get sick.
9. One day, you will learn. The natural pigments will return- no more yellow skin, no blue fingernails, no scarlet scratch in your throat matching the raw nick on your middle finger. Make amends with the kitchen. Your face will glow like a television. You will get full again. Be able to finish a meal. You will become a writer. One day, I hope I’ll be able to finish this poem and say-
10. I am watching you heal. I am watching you get better.”
SHE DOESN’T NEED TO SEE THE MENU, by Blythe Bairdblythebrooklyn)